Friday, November 9, 2007

“You Could Be My Son, But If You're Not Good Enough, Then You Don't Play At Arsenal”


First of all I would like to apologise for my recent inactivity in updating the blog. My computer’s monitor has finally given up on me and add to that I’ve been very busy with college work. The above quote is Arsene giving his personal opinion on the issue with capping the number of foreign players in club sides. Steve Coppell who I have always viewed as a sensible person has come out and supported Fergie scum by saying that foreign players will hurt the national team and once again using us as an example even though his one of the people that has benefited the most from our English cast offs i.e. Sidewell and Harper. The debate looks like it won’t go away. It’s alright for someone like Fergie sum to talk about using more English players because he can afford to spend £27 million on Rooney and £30 million on Rio Ferdinand (Yes 30 mil on Rio!). We can’t afford that kind of money hence the current strategy of buying young foreign talent and developing them. The fact is if a player is good enough they will come through and if not its not happening. The way this guys are talking its like they want to excuse the fact that a player is average just because it he’s English,,,,,,,,quite fucking pathetic if you ask me. To be honest am really sick if this now!

The benefit of been busy and my monitor packing up is that I haven’t had to analyse the Slavia Prague game which was quite the most soporific performance from Arsenal have witnessed in quite sometime. The kids learnt their lesson and the less said about that game the better. Not much else to talk about really the game with Reading FC is not until Monday. I’ll leave you with this article from the good man at InsideArsenal he expressed my thoughts exactly.


Till Next Time!


No comments: